West Allotment Celtic



First Team

Sat 26 Mar 2022 | Ebac Northern League Div 1 | Away


East Palmersville Sports Pavillion


Mark Bell



Seaham squandered a two-goal lead as they drew 3-3 away at West Allotment Celtic on Saturday.


West Allotment Celtic found themselves in the lead after just 10 minutes following the opener from Callum Larmouth.


The next three goals were Seaham’s as Ryan Bolam struck twice and also Mark Robinson found the net, all before the break.


Allotment fought back with Larmouth and Matty Hayton scoring either side of halftime to secure a point.


Seaham were with a very depleted squad with Mckenzie Smith and Ryan Bolam making rare starts. Euan Devonshire, Aran Demirel and Leo Hackett made their first appearances in the squad, all starting on the bench.


The first dangerous chance of the game was the first goal of the game as the home side’s Callum Larmouth allowed the ball to roll across his body on the edge of the area and hit it hard and low into Jack Patton’s bottom corner.


Seaham responded quickly just three minutes later as a misplaced head back to Allotment goalkeeper Finn Hodgson fell short as Tom Lawson latched onto it, hit his shot straight at Hodgson but Ryan Bolam was on hand to find the empty net from 20 yards.


The hosts then looked to restore their lead with Matty Hayton taking aim from the edge of the box but a smart save from Patton down to his right denied him.


Once again there was a mix up at the back for the home side which let the ball fall to Lawson again but his shot on the half turn went narrowly wide.


Five minutes later Seaham took the lead following an intricate ball in behind from Lawson to Josh Baggs whos shot was saved by Hodgson but Mark Robinson was on hand to turn the rebound in.


Not even a minute after kick off Seaham had doubled their lead as Hodgson spilled the ball from a tame long ball which allowed Ryan Bolam to turn in his second of the game.


That wasn’t the end of the first half action as on the stroke of halftime Larmouth placed a free kick from the edge of the area under the wall and past Patton to halve the deficit.


Five minutes after halftime another one of numerous malfunctions at the back allowed Lawson in behind however he couldn’t take the ball around Hodgson and the chance ended up in the goalkeeper’s hands. 


The equaliser came 15 minutes from time as Hayton headed in a cross from Luke Parkinson at the back post.


There could've been a golden opportunity for the hosts to take the lead just minutes later however Max Nelson put in a perfectly timed challenge to deny Mikel Thompson a clear shot from six yards.


The points being shared leaves both sides languishing in mid-table.



Team: Patton, Baggs, Smith, Donnelly, Patterson, Nelson Hailes, Bott, Bolam (Hackett), Robinson M, Lawson



Back to Fixtures