First Team



Hebburn Town

Sat 19 Sep 2020 | Ebac Northern League Div 1 | Home


Seaham Town Park




Helen Conley



Seaham faced their 3rd tough challenge of the week today, taking on one of the favourites for the League title, Hebburn Town. Mark Collingwood was again forced into fielding a weakened side due to injuries, he made a tactical change by playing Thomas Bott in the central midfield role and introducing Matty Tumilty into the back four.


The early stages saw the visitors take a grip on the middle of the park with Damen Mullen directing the play, he set up the games first chance feeding Graeme Armstrong, who’s shot was stopped by Andy Jennison. However, Hebburn went in front on 6 minutes when Thomas Potter cut inside from the right wing and fired past a stranded Jennison.


Seaham were struggling to keep possession and Andy Johnson was starved of any service in the opening 20 minutes. At the other end Seaham’s keeper was in constant action saving from Armstrong and Purewal to keep the score at 1-0 The Stars, Johnson finally had the chance to go for goal in the 30th minute, the workmanlike Taylor Richardson threaded a ball through for Johnson to latch onto and fire his shot just wide of the mark.


Half Time 0-1


The second period continued as the first half ended with Hebburn controlling the ball and carving out chances but not troubling Jennison in the Seaham goal. Collingwood replaced Johnson with Nathan Greenwood and soon after the Star created their best chance of the game. Danny Sayer carried the ball out of defence and well into the visitors half before feeding it into Taylor Richardson’s path, the young midfielder outstripped the Hebburn defenders before sliding the ball past the onrushing keeper Foden, but the ball went just the wrong side of the post.


Hebburn rallied after that chance for Seaham and came away to score 3 goals in a 10 minute spell. Purewal went to ground at the edge of the Red Star box, some referees may have penalised him, but Helen Conley allowed play to carry on and when the ball came back to Purewal, he smashed it past Jennison in the 68th minute. A disheartened Seaham defence failed to block a run by Potter minutes later and the winger went through to fire home. The final goal in the game came from Lewis Suddick on 78 minutes and gave Hebburn a comprehensive win


Full Time 0-4


Seaham Red Star: Jennison, Hailes J, Weldon, Lawrence, Bott, Hawkins, Tumilty, Gardiner, Johnson (Greenwood), Richardson, Sayer.

Unused subs: Dow, Hailes D, Lawson, Richardson


Back to Fixtures